The Royal Canadian Hussars (Montreal) trace a direct history to the Montreal Volunteer Cavalry formed in the late eighteenth century. The amalgamation of two famous Montreal regiments of cavalry the 6th Duke of Connaught’s Royal Canadian Hussars and the 17th Duke of York’s Royal Canadian Hussars became effective September 15, 1958. The amalgamated regiment of the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps was designated the “Royal Canadian Hussars (Montreal)” and is one of the two oldest units of Volunteer Cavalry in Canada.
The present Regiment consists of five cavalry and one armoured formation: the Royal Montreal Cavalry, the 5th Dragoons, the 6th Duke of Connaught’s Royal Canadian Hussars, the 11th Argenteuil Rangers, the 17th duke of York’s Royal Canadian Hussars and the 1st Motor Machine Gun Brigade.
Montréal, Qc, H3H-1X2